If you are successful in securing a place at UEA through Clearing or Adjustment then please join us on Friday 19 August or Saturday 20th August for our Clearing Open Days. During the day you will have the opportunity to go on a tour of the campus given by one of our trained Student Guides, and to speak to academic and admissions staff about your degree programme.
The events will run between 11.00 am and 3.00pm on Friday and 10.00 am and 3.00 pm on Saturday. You can sign in at any time, however we would advise that you arrive by 1.00 pm if you want to go on a tour and meet with an academic.
Benefits of attending a university Clearing Open Day
Whether you’re familiar with UEA or not, attending a Clearing Open Day is a good idea, and here’s a few of the reasons why:
- You’ll get to meet fellow students and find out more about what it’s like to study at the university.
- You can chat with an academic and ask any questions you may have about your course.
- You'll be able to go on a guided tour of our campus, including accommodation, with a current UEA student
- You’ll have the opportunity to meet others in the exact same position as you.
- You can explore all the city has to offer and get better acquainted with your new home.
- You’ll be able to familiarise yourself with the university, which will help make that first day a lot less scary!
Do I need to book to attend a Clearing Open Day?
We will ask you to register on the day but booking in advance isn't required - just turn up and get involved!
What if I am unable to attend but would still like to visit UEA?
If you are unable ot attend our Clearing Open Day, there are still plenty of opportunities to visit us before you start your course.
For the best experience, we recommend booking a place on one of our campus tours. These are guided by current UEA students who not only be able to show you our accommodation and extensive campus facilities, including the Sportspark and our Student Union, but also give you a real insight into what it's like to live and study at UEA.
If you aren't able to join us for a campus tour, you'll be pleased to know that UEA is an open campus, which means you can visit in your own time. We also have a self-guided campus tour leaflet to help you make the most of your visit. Find out more about campus tours on our dedicated pages.
Travelling to UEA
If you are driving to the university, please park in the Main Car Park (P1 on our campus map) for free parking. You will need to hold onto your yellow car parking token and ask for it to be validated in the registration area before you leave.
For more information about travelling to the university, please see our Getting to UEA pages.
Staying at UEA
If you would like to stay overnight on campus, Broadview Lodge is offering our Clearing Open Day visitors an exclusive discount:
- Single Room (Bed and Breakfast): £44.00
- Double/Twin Room (Bed and Breakfast): £62.00
To reserve a room, please contact Broadview Lodge on 01603 591918 or email email@example.com. Please mention that you will be staying for the Clearing Open Day in order to qualify for the offer.
If you have any queries about the Clearing Open Day, please get in touch with us on 01603 593251 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.